Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Habesha Princess

Ahhhh, finally some good shit. I never really took a liking to R&B.. some songs I do admit I like, but very few. The irony of that bit is that one of my best friends, my very BEST friend to be exact, is in fact an r&b singer. An up and coming artist who is working her ass off to get to where she wants to be. Shit, now I am fed up with everyone trying to be "the next best thing". Guys wanting to be rappers, girls wanting to be singers, its ridiculous. My homie Zewdy truly has a God given talent. Certain songs she sings makes me cry, and thats mad gay but her voice has some sort of healing power. The funny thing about her is that she's incredibly tiny. When you look at her you expect to hear some little tiny annoying voice, but no, her voice is strong and powerful. Just because she is my friend doesn't mean that that's the only reason why I'm backing her up. The girl can blow, she has lungs of a God and always gives people a run for their money once she opens her mouth. Music to her is effortless, she's been through shit, so she knows what pain is, and she knows how to take it and make it work. Give her a listen, check out her youtube, or her myspace.. I guarantee you won't be let down. 

-Tawny

No comments:

Post a Comment